FIVE ‘MUST-HAVES’ FOR YOUR NATURAL MEDICINE CABINET
1) BACH FLOWER RESCUE REMEDY This flower essence is essential for treating shock or extreme anxiety, such as when suffering a sudden injury or emotional upset. You should always carry a small vial of Rescue Remedy in your purse or pocket, as you never know when you’ll need it.
2) ARNICA (Leopard’s bane) Homeopathic Arnica both as a CREAM and as a LIQUID ORAL REMEDY. The topical cream is excellent for sprains and bruising, and also eases arthritic pain when massaged into the affected area twice per day. The oral liquid remedy is crucial for treating shock and anxiety, and also helps with any trauma, falls sprains or strains. It is also good for bleeding anywhere in the body. It’s used before and after surgery to promote healing.
3) CALENDULA (Marigold) Homeopathic CREAM and as a LIQUID ORAL REMEDY. The cream is wonderful for cuts and abrasions – especially those that are seeping pus or have an inclination to become infected. It’s also good for any skin irritation or burns, and accelerates the growth of new, healthy skin and tissue. The oral remedy will have a similar effect, except it works on an inner level, helping to drive out infection from the body.
4) CANTHARIS (Spanish Fly) Homeopathic Cantharis (as an oral liquid) Is excellent for bladder infections or burns of any kind.
5) NUX VOMICA (Quaker’s Button) Homeopathic Nux Vomica (as an oral liquid) is excellent for heartburn, nausea, vomiting and constipation. It’s wonderful for fussy, colicky infants as well.
These are the remedies I use all the time, and really can’t be without. They are an essential part of your Natural medicine kit, and it’s a good idea to include some or all of them in your first aid kit as well.